Northbrook is one of the most vibrant communities on Chicago's North Shore. You can enjoy endless upscale shopping and dining options and the friendly, neighborhood feel of Northbrook's downtown shopping district, which features boutiques and specialty stores.
NORTHBROOK'S MUST-SEE CHECKLIST:
- Northbrook Court A luxury shopping paradise undergoing a huge revitalization will boast a 14-screen movie theater and a wide range of full-service and convenience restaurants.
- Ed Rudolph Velodrome The excitement of competitive bike racing can be found year-round at Northbrook's nationally-renowned quarter-mile outdoor bike track, where top cyclists from around the world compete for major titles. The Velodrome hosts weekly races in the summer and offers training sessions, special events and Friday bike races for amateur riders of all ages.
- Village Green Park and River Walk In the heart of downtown Northbrook, Village Green offers an old-fashioned gazebo, lush greenery, picnic areas and a playground with slides, ramps, tunnels, bridges, swings and sand. The park is known around town as the home of Little League Baseball, Park Fest concerts and other favorite community events such as Northbrook Days and Northbrook's Fourth of July celebration.
- More Shopping Awaits You If you love to shop ‘til you drop, a visit to Northbrook's multiple shopping districts is a must. Enjoy the friendly, neighborhood feel of Northbrook's Village Center, which features boutiques and specialty stores as well as the very popular Sunset Foods. Across town, just minutes from Northbrook Court, you'll find the Village Square of Northbrook. The Village Square features a wide range of retailers including Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, the Container Store, Marshall's, Trader Joe's and Saks OFF 5TH. Willow Festival boasts the area's only REI outdoor equipment store as well as one of the largest Whole Foods.
- Northbrook Historical Society Learn about Northbrook's rich heritage at the Northbrook Historical Society. Located in the three-story Northfield Inn, you'll travel back to a simpler time when you visit the re-created 1890's Shermerville home, complete with a parlor, sewing room, kitchen, dining room, child's room, bathroom and bedroom. Each room is authentically decorated and furnished with furniture, fixtures, clothing, toys and artifacts from the time period.
- The Great Outdoors Northbrook proudly features 500 acres of beautiful parks and playgrounds as well as a spectacular 27-hole championship golf course. You'll also find opportunities for fishing, skateboarding and snowshoeing and the chance to climb a 30-foot tower.
Northbrook is easily accessible via car and Metra, the commuter rail system, running to and from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
Return to main community page