Grosse Point Lighthouse
Built on the shores of Lake Michigan by the United States Government in 1873 as the lead lighthouse marking the approach to Chicago after several shipwrecks demonstrated its need. In 1999, Grosse Point Lighthouse was designated a National Historic Landmark by the National Park Service; the first lighthouse on the Great Lakes to carry that status. The Garden Club of Evanston maintains wildflower and butterfly gardens on its property.
8833 Gross Point Rd., Ste. 307, Skokie, IL. 60077
ph 847.763.0011 | fx 847.763.0022
Developed by J Rudny, LLC
© Copyright 2006-2020 Chicago's North Shore Convention & Visitors Bureau. All Rights Reserved All Rights Reserved.